How CAB advisers can help
Citizens Advice is the largest advice-giving network in the UK, regularly providing advice from over 3,000 locations.
Citizens Advice and each Citizens Advice Bureau are registered charities reliant on over 20,000 volunteers and need to raise funds to provide these vital services. The majority of our advisers are trained volunteers helping people deal with nearly 5.5 million new problems every year, in bureaux, by phone and at outreach sessions in places like GP surgeries and courts – even in people’s homes.
Forest of Dean CAB
- Our service is free and confidential
- Our volunteers are trained to high professional standards
- We are a charity and raise funds locally and nationally to sustain our service. See the names of our funders and supporters.
- We offer a gateway service to our clients to ensure we are able to give priority to those in greatest need
- We are open 5 days a week
- We operate a home visiting service for those who are elderly or disabled
- We have a specialist Macmillan benefits adviser
- We have a specialist Money Advice Team
- We have recently passed our latest Citizens Advice audit
- We have volunteers in a variety of roles - including Advisers, Gateway assessors, Reception staff and IT staff. Our Trustees are volunteers too.
Thanks to our Funders
We rely upon donations and support from many organisations and individuals to run our bureau. We are very grateful to them all - they are listed here.